Monday, February 13, 2006

Attention BlackBerry Addicts

This is important for everyone using a BlackBerry, but especially important for our Results Team members using this troubled device: Ron, Tom, Thomas... anyone else?

February 24th is D-Day for Canadian company RIM, maker of the BlackBerry and it's patent challenge from US company NTP. If this were a hockey game, my money would be on the Canucks... but since we're "playing" in US Federal Court anything is possible.

My intel leads me to believe that no matter what happens, there will be a brief period of time given to RIM to implement a "fix" for the software that is in question. This will give BlackBerry users time to decide whether they want to move to a Treo or other similar device. I've got review of a Samsung product that I'll be posting on www.salestechnologyreport.com so check that out.

I have really been blown away by my 8700c and find the Blackberry to be more of a business device that is easier to use than the Treo 650. However, it needs to have service or who cares if it has a scroll wheel!

Keep your fingers crossed for the Canadians! Everyone likes those guys so let's hope that includes US District Judge James Spencer... he's the only one making the decision.

TK

No comments: