Tuesday, August 08, 2006

BB King Sings Success

I am not a big concert guy, but I have always wanted to see BB King live. He just looks cool... look at the man. If you've ever heard his music then you know that he puts everything in to what he does. Sometimes he has to sit down on stage, he's giving it that much.

He's got this tune I happened to listen to recently that actually gives some solid advice for success in selling, business in general and in fact, life. The name of the song is "Better Not Look Down" and it's a winner. Check it out at iTunes and you can own it for a mere 99 cents!

Anyway, BB starts out "I've been around and I've seen some things. People moving faster than the speed of sound. Faster than the speeding bullet, people living like Superman. All day and all night."

If you are really pursuing success I bet you can relate. Between all of the responsibilities we each have at work, at home and at any number of other places, we all move pretty fast. Add to that the challenges that can come with the selling industry (slumps, territory changes, new managers, new owners, new team members) and stress can manifest itself quick!

BB is the man... he's got the the answer for everyone who is pushing 110% "all day and all night."

Here it is, in the chorus of the song:

"Better not look down, if you want to keep on flying. Put the hammer down, keep it full speed ahead."

It sounds like BB is saying is keep moving, don't give up, don't think too long about what you've done that you can't change - just keep pushing forward at full speed. I like it. I really like "put the hammer down." The only thing that will kill you is sitting around and doing nothing. Floor it man.

Some day I'll see this guy...







TK

No comments: